January 08, 2007

As I look ahead to 2007, I am filled with anticipation and wonder at what is in store. What will I create this year? Will my paintings be ones that will inspire people to see life a little differently, to appreciate the beauty of a moment, or maybe to even get out their old paintbrushes and be a little creative?

I hope so.

I hope that people see my work and love God more. Even typing this seems a bit strange, but it really is my desire. See, God has given me every shred of talent that I have, and He has called me to make art. He has blessed my career and allowed me to somehow do this amazing thing that many people just dream about: doing what I LOVE for a living... I am determined in 2007 to not take this blessing lightly, but to use it to its potential the best that I can.

I encourage everyone reading this right now to consider what it is that makes you feel fulfilled. It may be making muffins for your co-workers, or spending time out in nature, accomplishing a goal, or holding a child. These things we sometimes don't take the time for, because we get caught up in everyday life and responsibilities. But we MUST nurture that within us that calls out for attention or we'll not do life justice. For me, it is creating, and I get a little cranky if I don't get to paint for several days.

In 2007, try getting in touch with this part of you. Feed it and see how great it feels! Or, read this, roll your eyes, and tell me to just stick to art and leave philosophy to the philosophers. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Alicia Beth said...

What a sweet spirit you have ! I'm praying for you as 2007 begins.I hope it's a great year for you and I'm looking forward to seeing your new work. God bless.....

Alicia

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home