February 15, 2007


Some of you know my heart for missions... and for the weak, orphaned, and widowed. One of the issues that has been on my heart since I first realized it was a huge problem is child trafficking. Each year, several million children are stolen, bought, or forced into the sex trade - some as young at 6 or 7 years old! I have participated in several fundraising efforts through World Vision to help combat this problem, but now I have the incredible opportunity to go and do hands-on work in a country where this is a big issue!

I am going to Thailand June on a mission trip of a different kind: serving missionaries in the area for a week. But I plan to go to Nepal the week beforehand and serve alongside some other workers who have been rescuing children from the streets and working to change laws to help prevent trafficking. It is a dream-come-true, and I would love any support and prayer you can offer.

I must raise $2000 for the main part of the trip, of which I have about half already provided. I estimate about $500 extra for expenses needed to help defray the cost of the child trafficking leg of the trip.

I have been in contact with Tiny Hands Nepal (www.tinyhandsnepal.com), which is doing a lot to combat this problem, and this is likely the organization I will be partnering with. It is not in concrete yet, however.

If you feel would like to support me financially in any way, please let me know, and I'll get you the info. If you have not seen my painting "Commodity," please visit my site to see how you can purchase prints of it to help me on my way. All of the profits from this painting are helping to combat child sex tourism. Thanks, and may God bless you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home