September 18, 2007













We have been rescued from darkness, and I hope that this painting will remind people of the great love Christ has for us, His bride, His church. The woman depicted here is battered and dirty.. she had been trying to save herself. Christ came, with nail-scarred hand, to show her her need for Him, and she accepts with hope in her eyes.

Sometimes I paint something and have the perfect title for it right away. This time I don't! I've toyed around with several titles, but I'm turning to you - my favorite people - to help out! Feel free to cast your vote for one of the titles I have considered:

- Ransomed
- If Ever I Loved Thee...
- Rest from the Struggle

I welcome other ideas. I typically like to keep my painting titles concise and powerful. Email me at kelly@kellyoneillart.com or leave a comment here with your response, and thank you! If I use your original title, I will send you a free print of the painting.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"White as snow" comes to mind, from the song, "Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe, sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow." Goes with the white in the dress as well, seems like there is a "cleaner" white glow on the skirt of her dress and on her face which almost seems to come from the reflection of the one standing in front of her.
-Trish Pino, Fellowship Bible Church

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kelly,
Your painting is beautiful! As I look at it I am instantly reminded of Is.43:1 "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you, I have called you by name, you are Mine."
Thanks for sharing your gifts with all of us! Blessings,
Debbye Wright (Ben Wright's Mom)

6:52 AM  
Blogger Alicia Beth said...

I like the idea of "Beloved" for the name too.There are so many scriptures that come to mind and names too.I say "redeemer" or "beloved" and those are my votes :)

6:16 PM  
Blogger MOM said...

Kelly, Your painting is so powerful! the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this was the song: "His Grace Reaches Me" or "Come..Unto Me". You have captured such beauty and God has truly blessed you with a wonderful talent!
Cathy Graebe

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home